1.1. Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our websites www.biolago.org and www.diagnet.org. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) The controller pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
BioLAGO e.V. – the health network
Tel: +49 (0)7531 – 71409 10
(3) Our association’s objectives involve linking economy and science for innovation, strengthening the health industry at Lake Constance, cross-border cooperation and location promotion, as well as public relations work and further education on current industry topics.
In order to pursue these goals, we use personal data for internal association administration to maintain the network between members and other association-related persons and companies, to organise events and projects and to provide information on current topics and events.
(4) When contacting us by email or using a contact form, the data you share with us (your email address and if applicable your name) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data after it is no longer required to be stored or we will limit the processing if there is an obligation to preserve business records.
(5) If we pass your data to contracted third parties or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes and inform you about the specific the criteria for the storage period.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards our association with regard to the personal data affecting you:
- right of access,
- right of rectification or deletion,
- right to limit the processing,
- right of opposition against the processing,
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
3. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register for the newsletter or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of request, time zone difference to the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- retrieved URL
- access status/HTTP status code
- volume of data transferred in each case
- URL of the referring page (referrer)
- browser incl. language and version of browser software
- operating system and its interface
(2) In addition to the previously mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the site that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and effective overall.
This website uses the following types of cookies, which scope and functionality are explained below:
Transient Cookies: Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This specifically includes session cookies that we mainly use on our website. They store a so-called session ID, that can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared In this way your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined duration, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
4. Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will generally have to provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the previously mentioned data processing principles apply.
(2) To some extent we use external service providers to process your data. These providers have been conscientiously selected and commissioned by our association and are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if project and event participation or similar services are offered by our association together with partners. You will receive further information on this when you indicate your personal data.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which informs you about our current interesting offers. The advertised services are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) For the registration to our newsletter we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. In other words, after your registration we will send you an email to the given email address, in which we will ask you to confirm that you want to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition to this we store each IP address you used and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to verify your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your email address is the only mandatory information for receiving the newsletter. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation we save your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.4).
(4) You can revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter or by emailing email@example.com.
(5) We would like to indicate that we evaluate your user behavior when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the sent emails contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. For evaluation purposes, we link the data mentioned in point 3 and the web beacons with your email address and an individual ID. The links you receive in the newsletter also contain this ID. The data is collected exclusively under a pseudonym, so the IDs are not linked to your other personal data, a direct personal reference is excluded.
You have the right to revoke this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each email or by informing us via any other contact method. The information is stored as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After unsubscribing, we store the data strictly for statistical purposes and anonymously.
6. Using Google Fonts and Google Maps
This page uses so-called web fonts to display the font. These are provided by Google (http://www.google.com/webfonts/). When you open our website, your browser loads the required web font into your browser cache. It is necessary so that your browser can also display an optically improved display of our texts. If your browser does not support this feature, a standard font will be used by your computer to display it.
Further information about Google Web Fonts can be found at https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq?hl=de-DE&csw=1
General information about data protection at Google can be found at http://www.google.com/intl/de-DE/policies/privacy/
7. Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to our association.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on a balancing of interests, you may refuse the processing. If the processing is not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is outlined by us in the following description of the functions. In the case of such an objection, we will ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data. In the case of your justified objection, we will check the facts and either cease or adjust the data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons based on which we will continue the processing.
(3) You can revoke the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can get information about your objection to advertising by contacting us at:
BioLAGO e.V. – the health network
Tel: +49 (0)7531 – 71409 10